About Labor & Business
The Labor and Business subcommittee/work team is a standing committee of the ITTF with a primary focus on providing Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE’s) with appropriate support and information, assisting in the development and evaluation of the Native Hiring preference and supporting capacity building for tribes, tribal enterprises and businesses owned by Tribal Members.
This work team has an established goal of increasing the support, awareness, utilization and capacity of emerging, newly certified and existing Native American Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (NADBE’s) for participation in the construction industry. Specifically this group works to identify, support and monitor NADBE’s through the certification process and the number of contracts earned.
Click on each tab to expand for more information -
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE's)
- Native Labor Resources and Job Opportunities
- Native-Owned Business Resources
- Tribal Business Development Resources
- Tribal Employee Rights Ordinances (TERO)
- WisDOT Native American Hiring Preference
- Wage Subsidy - WisDOT provides a reimbursement for anyone put on a project with ASP1 or ASP1-T provisions. Job training credits available on all jobs. Milwaukee Job Center Network offers a Job Training Partnership Act (JTPA) subsidy for some participants (up to 50 percent hourly), or monthly subsidy (up to $300/month per worker). Multiple subsidies are possible. Click here for more information on job training credits.
Labor & Business Work Group Meeting Notes -
- Labor Business Work Group Meeting Notes - 1-10-2017
- Labor Business Work Group Meeting Notes - 2-7-2017
- Labor Business Work Group Meeting Notes - 3-7-2017
- Labor Business Work Group Meeting Notes - 4-3-2017
- Labor Business Work Group Meeting Notes - 5-2-2017
- Labor Business Work Group Meeting Notes - 6-22-2017
- Labor Business Work Group Meeting Notes - Webinars Sub Group - 6-28-2017
- Labor Business Work Group Meeting Notes - Webinars Sub Group - 7-19-2017
Native American Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Early Intervention Planning Pilot Project 2016 Summary - Presented at 6/13/2017 ITTF Meeting