Disadvantaged Business Enterprises/WisDOT
Native American DBE Webinars
The WisDOT Inter-Tribal Task Force (ITTF), the American Indian Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Department of Transportation are creating a series of webinars to learn more about becoming a NADBE.
View Webinar #1 - NADBE Certification Eligibility & Process (coming soon)
The WisDOT Inter-Tribal Task Force (ITTF) sponsored Wisconsin Native American Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (NADBE) Directory.
This WisDOT NADBE Directory has been designed as a user- friendly, web search tool to locate, learn about the capabilities of and communicate with NADBEs certified in the State of Wisconsin. Users include Tribal contract and procurement managers, prime contractors and others seeking bids and quotes from qualified NADBE firms.
Search functions and features of this directory including:
- Mapped NADBE locator icons by WisDOT regions
- Quick links to NADBEs’ certified work types, service areas, Tribal affiliations, contact information, business websites
- Printable Capability Statement, among others.
If you have questions, or if you are a NADBE business certified in Wisconsin not yet in the Directory, please email Agnes Fleming, ITTF Coordinator, or call 715-558-7750.
Thank you for using the WisDOT NADBE Directory!
Wisconsin Department of Transportation - Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- Doing Business with WisDOT DBE/MBE Opportunities Matrix
- WI DOA Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Certification - The ultimate goal of all our programs is to offer Wisconsin residents the most efficient, highest-quality state government services possible.
- WI VendorNet - VendorNet was created to provide easy access to a wide variety of information of interest to vendors who wish to provide goods and services to the state as well as state agencies and municipalities.
- WisDOT DBE Process Flow Chart
- WisDOT DBE Program - The DBE program started with Surface Transportation Assistance Act of 1982, which set a national goal of placing at least 10 percent of federal highway and transit funds with persons who qualify as disadvantaged small business operators. A subsequent act in 1987 included women.
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- DBE Certification Process
- WisDOT's Office of Business Opportunity and Equity Compliance (OBOEC)
WisDOT Highway Construction Contracting Information (HCCI) - Finding Work
WisDOT's process for bidding on highway construction projects is outlined in the State of Wisconsin, Department of Transportation, Standard Specifications for Highway and Structure Construction.
- All bidders of prospective highway construction projects are prequalified by the department to ensure that the bidder has competency and responsibility to perform the work.
- Bid letting advertisements are posted approximately five weeks prior to the bid letting.
- Plan holder and eligible bidder listings are posted 10 days prior to the letting date (Friday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Monday at Noon the day before the letting).
- Bidders submit a sealed bid for a prospective highway construction project to the department.
- All highway construction projects have a bid opening. Upon opening and reading the prospective bids, the department posts apparent bids at approximately 9:30 am on the day of the letting.
- WisDOT proceeds through a process of awarding and executing the highway construction contract. The award process involves comparison and analysis of the bids in order to look for irregularities and to ensure the eligibility of the bidder.
- Upon completion of this process the contract is awarded to the lowest responsible bidder.
- The highway construction contract is then executed by the Governor upon receipt of the contract, the contract bond and all other department-required forms.
- After each highway bid letting, WisDOT makes awards and publishes the all bids received report for each awarded contract.
- Reports are available on-line for the current and previous year.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Highway Construction Bid Lettings occur on the second Tuesday of each month.
WisDOT Civil Rights Compliance System – CRCS/Labor/Payroll
- WisDOT Civil Rights Compliance System (CRCS) – WisDOT is committed to providing equal opportunity required under federal law and other federal and state regulations, statutes and executive orders.
- Labor Compliance/Electronic Payroll
- WisDOT DBE Offices and Regional Employee Rights Officers' Contact Information
WisDOT DBE Support Services - Ready/Willing/Able Capacity Building Support
NADBE - Prime Contractor Working Relationships
- Transportation Advisory Committee (Trans-AC) - Call Gary Mejchar, AICCW, at (414) 604-2044 or email Gary.
- Wisconsin Transportation Builders Association (WTBA) - WTBA is a cutting edge association that is widely recognized for its expertise, the effectiveness of its programs, and the long term impact of its forward-looking vision on the development of a very competitive Wisconsin transportation system.
- WisDOT Good Faith Effort Guidance
- WisDOT Small Business Network - Bid Express Internet Quote Exchange
- Transportation Consultant Advisory Committee (Trans-CAC) - Call Gary Mejchar, AICCW, at (414) 604-2044 or email Gary.
Inter-Tribal Task Force - WisDOT Regional Tribal Liaisons
WisDOT Tribal Affairs
- The Wisconsin Department of Transportation's (WisDOT) Tribal Affairs initiative works exclusively on Tribal relations and all transportation related issues affecting Tribal communities.