Inter-Tribal Task Force Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Inter-Tribal Task Force (ITTF) to articulate and facilitate a clear direction in joint transportation systems between each of Wisconsin's 11 Federally recognized Indian Tribes and the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT).
Inter-Tribal Task Force Vision Statement
It is the vision of the WisDOT ITTF to serve the 11 Federally recognized Indian Tribes and the Wisconsin Department of Transportation by:
- Developing collective strategic transportation goals
- Evaluating transportation policy with particular attention to Tribal impacts
- Creating "best practices" statements regarding interactions between the Tribes and WisDOT
- Facilitating the development of memorandum of understanding that promote cooperative efforts between the Tribes and WisDOT
Inter-Tribal Task Force Goals
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation Inter-Tribal Task Force has established the following goals:
- Conduct bi-monthly meetings at various Tribal sites around the State of Wisconsin
- Encourage Tribal participation in transportation related data collection efforts
- Identify and support "best practices" when working with Tribal entities
- Facilitate communication between the Tribes and the WisDOT
Inter-Tribal Task Force Reports
Tribal Transportation Survey Report
In an effort to get a better understanding of Tribal transportation training needs, WISDOT and ITTF created a survey that was distributed to the 11 federally recognized Tribes.
In addition to the paper survey, tribes were offered the opportunity to complete the survey online as well. The paper surveys that were completed were also entered into the online survey, which was used as the central repository for all responses. The online survey can be found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WisITTF .
The report summarizes the results of the WisDOT ITTF Tribal Transportation Planning Survey.
The Survey of Tribal Communities was completed and distributed to the ITTF for comments. Each Work Team also received their section of the survey, and will use it to complete the 2018 Annual Work Plan.